Tevastor is produced in the form of tablets, film-coated (10 pcs. In blisters, in a cardboard bundle of 3 or 9 blisters):
- 5 mg dosage: round, biconvex, the engraving on one side is “N”, on the other side is “5”, the film coating is from light yellow-orange to orange (a grayish tint is allowed), a core from almost white to white color
- dosage of 10 mg: round, biconvex, the engraving on one side is “N”, on the other side is “10”, the film shell is from light pink to pink, a core from almost white to white is distinguished at the break,
- dosage of 20 mg: round, biconvex, the engraving on one side is “N”, on the other side is “20”, the film shell is from light pink to pink, a core from almost white to white is distinguished at the break,
- dosage of 40 mg: oval, the engraving on one side is “N”, on the other side is “40”, the film shell is from light pink to pink, a core from almost white to white is distinguished at the break.
1 tablet in a dosage of 5 mg contains:
- active ingredient: rosuvastatin in the form of rosuvastatin calcium - 5.21 mg,
- auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose, povidone-KZO, crospovidone, sodium stearyl fumarate,
- Opadry II 85P23426 orange shell: titanium dioxide (E171), partially hydrolyzed polyvinyl alcohol, talc, macrogol-3350, dye iron oxide black (E172), dye iron oxide yellow (E172), sunset sunset dye yellow (E110).
1 tablet in a dosage of 10, 20 or 40 mg contains:
- active component: rosuvastatin in the form of calcium rosuvastatin - 10.42, 20.83 or 41.67 mg,
- auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose, povidone-KZO, crospovidone, sodium stearyl fumarate,
- casing Opadry II 85P24155 pink: titanium dioxide (E171), partially hydrolyzed polyvinyl alcohol, talc, macrogol-3350, dyes - iron oxide yellow (E172), iron oxide red (E172), indigo carmine aluminum varnish (E132), azorubine aluminum varnish ( E 122).
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Tevastor is a competitive inhibitor HMG-CoA reductase with selective action. It acts on the liver. The active substance increases the amount of hepatic LDL receptors and promotes capture and catabolism LDL. It causes inhibition of synthesis VLDL, due to which the total number LDLand VLDL declining.
Medication Reduces Elevated Levels HS-non-HDL, HS-LDL, triglycerides, HS-VLDLP, TG-VLDLP, apolipoprotein B and total xcalso increases concentration HS-HDL, apolipoprotein A-1. Also reduces the ratio:
- total xcandHS-HDL,
- HS-non-HDL and HS-HDL,
- apolipoprotein B and apolipoprotein A-1,
- HS-LDL and HS-HDL.
The effect of the drug becomes noticeable during the first seven days after the start of administration. After a couple of weeks, 90% of the maximum effect is achieved. 100% effect is observed at the end of the month of administration and is maintained with regular use according to the instructions.
The maximum concentration of the active component of the drug in plasma observed approximately 5 hours after taking the tablets. Bioavailability is about 20%.
The active substance accumulates mainly in the liver. Communication with plasma proteins is approximately 90%.
Main isoenzymemetabolism – CYP2C9. In biotransformation rosuvastatinare formed N-desmethyl and lactone metabolites. The latter are pharmacologically inactive. N-desmethyl about half less active than rosuvastatin.
About 90% of the active ingredient is excreted unchanged in feces. The remaining amount is excreted in the urine. The elimination half-life is 19 hours. With an increase in dosage, it does not change.
In the case of severe renal failure the content of the active component in the plasma rises three times, and the level N-desmethyl - nine times. At hemodialysis level rosuvastatinin plasma approximately 50% higher.
Indications for use
The medicine is used for:
- primaryor mixed hypercholesterolemia, and hypertriglyceridemiaas an additional means to diet, if diet and other treatments are insufficient,
- the need for primary preventioncardiovascular complications: heart attack, arterial revascularization, stroke - when an adult patient has no clinical signs Ischemic heart disease, but there is an increased risk of its occurrence, and at least one risk factor is present (early onset Ischemic heart disease in family history, arterial hypertension, smoking, reduced levels HS-HDL),
- family homozygous hypercholesterolemia as an additional means to diet or lipid loweringtherapy (as well as in cases where such therapy is not suitable),
- the need to slow down development atherosclerosis as an additional means to diet food.
Contraindications to the use of the drug may be different depending on the dosage.
For tablets of 5-20 mg, the following contraindications exist:
- active liver disease
- intolerance lactose,
- severe renal impairment,
- glucose galactose malabsorptionLactase deficiency
- hypersensitivityto the components of the means
- severe liver dysfunction (not studied),
- lack of reliable methods of protection against conception,
- children under 18 years old.
40 mg tablets cannot be used in the following cases:
- active liver disease
- lactose intolerance,
- presence of risk factors myopathies or rhabdomyolysis(myotoxicityusing HMG-Co-A-reductase inhibitors or fibrate at historya personal or family analysis of muscle disease, renal failurefrequent drinking hypothyroidism, conditions causing an increase in content rosuvastatinin plasma)
- lack of reliable ways to protect against the conception of a child,
- children under 18 years old
- hypersensitivityto the components of the medicine,
- severe liver dysfunction,
- glucose galactose malabsorptionLactase deficiency
- Asian race.
With caution, tablets of 5-10 mg should be taken by patients of the Asian race, if there are risk factors for myopathies/rhabdomyolysis, people over 65 years old, and also with liver diseases in historyinjuries arterial hypotensionsevere endocrine disorders, conditions leading to an increase in the content rosuvastatinin plasma sepsisheavy metabolicviolations, extensive surgical interventions, uncontrolled seizures, severe electrolyteviolations.
40 mg tablets are used with caution in liver diseases in history, renal failure, arterial hypotension, injuries, severe endocrine disorders, the age of 65 years, sepsisheavy metabolicviolations, extensive surgical interventions, uncontrolled seizures, severe electrolyte violations.
Instructions for use Tevastor (Method and dosage)
Tablets are taken orally. To start therapy, a daily dosage of 10 mg is recommended. If necessary, after a month it can be increased to 20 mg. A medicine in a dosage of 40 mg should be taken under strict supervision by a specialist, since there is a high risk of side effects. Instructions for use of Tevastor indicate that taking 40 mg tablets is possible only in case of severe hypercholesterolemiaand high probability cardiovascular complicationswhen a dose of 20 mg for a month is not effective enough. With an increase in dosage, as well as after 2-4 weeks of taking the drug, it is necessary to monitor the indicators of fat metabolism.
Instructions for use Tevastor reports that the reception is possible at any time and regardless of food. The medicine is swallowed whole, washed down with a small amount of liquid, without chewing. It is impossible to grind tablets, only if it is necessary to take a dosage of 5 mg, a 10 mg tablet can be divided in two.
During therapy with Tevastor, a hypolipidemic diet must be observed.
At an advanced age of 65 years, patients with gene polymorphism SLC01B1, people of the Asian race, as well as in the case of moderate renal impairment, it is advisable to start taking the lowest possible dose of 5 mg.
Patients with factors indicating a predisposition to myopathies, at the beginning of the course you need to take 5 mg. Gradually, the dose increases to 10-20 mg.
The simultaneous use of several daily dosages of the drug does not lead to changes in pharmacokinetic parameters rosuvastatin.
Treatment for an overdose is symptomatic. It is necessary to monitor liver function and activity KFK. Special antidote does not exist.
When combined with antagonistsvitamin K control required INR, since increasing doses of the drug can lead to an increase INR and prothrombin time, and the cessation of medication or a reduction in dosage cause, on the contrary, a decrease INR.
Interaction Gemfibrozil increases content rosuvastatinin plasma 2 times.
Appointment with antacidsincluding aluminum and magnesium hydroxidecauses a decrease in level rosuvastatinin plasma by 50%. The effect is less pronounced if you observe the interval between their intake of 2 hours.
Erythromycin provokes a decrease AUC rosuvastatin by 20%. In addition, the maximum concentration of this active substance is reduced by 30%.
Reception oral contraceptivefunds increases AUC norgestrel and ethinyl estradiol, respectively, by 26% and 34%.
Probability of development myopathiesincreases when taken lipid-loweringdoses nicotinic acid and fibrateand simultaneous use HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. Take 40 mg tablets at the same time fibrates contraindicated.
Inhibitors protease cause an increase in the maximum concentration of the active component of Tevastor by about 5 times. This combination is not recommended.
You can not combine Tevastor and Cyclosporin due to the possibility of development myopathies. If the simultaneous administration of these funds is unavoidable, it is advisable to take no more than 5 mg per day.
Analogs of Tevastor
The following Tevastor analogues are known, in which the composition of the active components and the form of release coincide:
All of them have their own characteristics of use and should not be used without a doctor's prescription.
Tevastor is often recommended in pharmacies when people turn to more expensive counterparts. For comparison, the cost of a popular drug Crestor10 mg - about 1300 rubles. At the same time, the price of Tevastor 10 mg is 470 rubles.
Pharmacokinetic characteristics of rosuvastatin:
- absorption: achievement of Cmax (maximum concentration) in blood plasma occurs approximately 5 hours after oral administration of the drug, the absolute bioavailability indicator is about 20%,
- distribution: up to 90% of rosuvastatin binds to plasma proteins, to a greater extent with albumin, the substance accumulates mainly in the liver (the main organ for the synthesis of Xc and catabolism of Xs-LDL), the distribution volume (Vd) is approximately 134 l,
- metabolism: rosuvastatin biotransforms slightly (up to 10% of the dose taken), since it is a non-core substrate in the metabolic processes of enzymes of the cytochrome P450 system. CYP2C9 acts as the main isoenzyme involved in the metabolism of rosuvastatin. To a lesser extent, isoenzymes CYP2C19, CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 are involved in the process. The main identified metabolites of rosuvastatin: N-dismethyl - whose activity is half that of rosuvastatin, lactone metabolites - which are pharmacologically inactive. Inhibition of circulating HMG-CoA reductase in more than 90% is ensured by the pharmacological activity of rosuvastatin, the rest by its metabolites,
- excretion: half-life (T1/2) is about 19 hours. The value of T1/2 does not change with increasing dose. Up to 90% of the drug is excreted with feces unchanged, the rest of the substance is excreted in the urine. The average plasma clearance
50 l / h (with a coefficient of variation - 21.7%). The hepatic uptake of rosuvastatin, as in the case of other inhibitors of HMG-CoA reductase, involves the anionic membrane carrier Xc, which has an important role in the hepatic elimination of the substance.
Pharmacokinetics of rosuvastatin in special patient groups:
- renal failure: mild and moderate - indicators of plasma concentration of rosuvastatin and N-dysmethyl do not significantly change, strongly expressed, with creatinine clearance (CC) less than 30 ml / min, - plasma concentration of rosuvastatin is 3 times higher, its active metabolite, N -dismethyl, 9 times higher, and in patients on hemodialysis, the rate is approximately 50% higher than in healthy volunteers,
- liver failure (points on the Child-Pugh scale): ≤ 7 points - an increase in T1/2 not detected, 8–9 - at least 2 patients had an increase in T1/2at least 2 times, ≥ 9 - no experience with use,
- race: Japanese and Chinese people living in Asia show about a twofold increase in average values of the area under the concentration-time curve (AUC), compared with European patients living in Europe and Asia. The influence of genetic characteristics and environmental factors on these differences in pharmacokinetic parameters was not detected. The analysis among different ethnic groups of patients: Hispanics, Europeans, Blacks, African Americans - did not reveal clinically significant differences in pharmacokinetic characteristics,
- age and gender: no clinically significant effect on the pharmacokinetic characteristics of rosuvastatin.
5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg tablets
- severe liver dysfunction (≥ 9 points on the Child-Pugh scale), due to a lack of experience with use,
- liver disease in the active stage, including a persistent increase in the activity of liver enzymes or an increase of more than 3 times in comparison with the upper limit of normal (VGN),
- severe renal dysfunction (CC 60 ml / min), a history of liver disease, sepsis, arterial hypotension, extensive surgical interventions, injuries, severe metabolic, endocrine or electrolyte disturbances, uncontrolled seizures, and in the elderly over 65 years of age.
Instructions for use Tevastor: method and dosage
Tevastor is intended for oral administration. Tablets should not be chewed and crushed, they must be swallowed whole and washed down with water. If you want to take rosuvastatin in a dose of 5 mg, a tablet at a dosage of 10 mg should be divided in half. The dosage regimen is independent of the circadian rhythm, as well as the diet.
Before taking Tevastor, the patient needs to begin to follow the classical lipid-lowering diet, which should be continued throughout the treatment.
The dose of rosuvastatin is selected individually and depends on the clinical indications and therapeutic response of the patient, taking into account current recommendations on target lipid levels.
For patients starting to take the drug, or transferred from taking other HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, an initial dose of 5 or 10 mg once a day is recommended. Her choice depends on the cholesterol content and the potential risk of developing cardiovascular complications and the likelihood of side effects. If necessary, after 4 weeks the dose of Tevastor can be increased.
In case of severe hypercholesterolemia and with a high risk of cardiovascular complications (especially in patients with familial hypercholesterolemia), when the desired result was not achieved with rosuvastatin therapy at a dose of 20 mg for 4 weeks, the dose should be increased to 40 mg under the supervision of a doctor ( due to an increased risk of adverse reactions). Patients receiving 40 mg tablets should be monitored closely. After increasing the dose of the drug and / or 2-4 weeks of taking Tevastor, it is necessary to monitor lipid metabolism.
Patients belonging to the Asian race, it is recommended to start therapy with Tevastor with a dose of 5 mg, tablets in a dosage of 40 mg are contraindicated.
Do not take Tevastor in a dose of 40 mg to patients with a predisposition to the development of myopathy, and when prescribing tablets of 10 and 20 mg, it is recommended to start treatment with a dose of 5 mg.
Genetic polymorphism: carriers of genotype SLC01B1 (OATP1B1) s.521CC and genotype ABCG2 (BCCR) C.421AA have an increased exposure (AUC) to rosuvastatin compared to carriers of genotype SLC01B1 C.521TT and genotype ABCG2 s.421CC. Therefore, for patients carrying genotypes c.521SS and C.421AA, it is recommended to take Tevastor once a day at a maximum dose of 20 mg.
Due to the binding of rosuvastatin to various transport proteins (for example, OATP1B1 and BCRP), the simultaneous use of Tevastor with cyclosporine and HIV protease inhibitors (including ritonavir in combination with atazanavir, lopinavir) increases the likelihood of myopathy / rhabdomyolysis. Which requires consideration of the possibility of alternative treatment or temporary discontinuation of the drug. If it is not possible to avoid the simultaneous use of these drugs, it is necessary to assess the benefit / risk ratio of concomitant therapy and consider reducing the dose of Tevastor.
The side effects observed with rosuvastatin are usually mild and transient, and the frequency of their occurrence, as with other HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, is predominantly dose-dependent.
The frequency of side effects by systemic organ classes (on a scale: more than 1/100, but less than 1/10 - often, more than 1/1000, but less than 1/100 - infrequently, more than 1/10 000, but less than 1/1000 - rarely, less than 1/10 000 - extremely rare, it is impossible to calculate according to available data - the frequency is unknown):
- immune system: rarely - hypersensitivity reactions, up to angioedema,
- endocrine system: often - type 2 diabetes mellitus,
- central nervous system: often - dizziness, headaches,
- digestive system: often - nausea, constipation, abdominal pain, rarely - pancreatitis,
- skin and subcutaneous fat: infrequently - rash, skin itching, urticaria,
- musculoskeletal system: often - myalgia, rarely - myopathy (including myositis), rhabdomyolysis, the use of Tevastor in all dosages (especially more than 20 mg) - myalgia, myopathy (including myositis), in rare cases - rhabdomyolysis with / without acute renal failure, dose-dependent increase in the activity of creatine phosphokinase (CPK), in most episodes - a slight, asymptomatic and temporary. With an increase in VGN activity of CPK by 5 times or more, therapy with rosuvastatin should be temporarily discontinued,
- urinary system: proteinuria - significant changes in the protein content in the urine (from complete absence or presence in trace amounts to ++ or more) were recorded in less than 1% of patients receiving 10–20 mg of rosuvastatin, and
3% receiving a dose of 40 mg. For the most part, proteinuria decreases or disappears during treatment and does not lead to exacerbation or progression of an existing kidney disease,
The frequency of side effects of Tevastor according to post-marketing applications:
- blood and lymphatic system: frequency unknown - thrombocytopenia,
- digestive system: rarely - increased activity of liver enzymes, extremely rare - jaundice, hepatitis, frequency unknown - diarrhea,
- musculoskeletal system: extremely rare - arthralgia, unknown frequency - immuno-mediated necrotizing myopathy,
- central nervous system: extremely rare - polyneuropathy, memory loss.
- respiratory system: frequency unknown - shortness of breath, cough,
- urinary system: extremely rare - hematuria,
- skin and subcutaneous fat: frequency unknown - Stevens-Johnson syndrome,
- reproductive system: frequency unknown - gynecomastia,
- other reactions: frequency unknown - peripheral edema.
The following side effects were observed due to the use of certain statins: sexual dysfunction, depression, sleep disturbances (including insomnia and nightmares), in rare cases - interstitial lung disease, especially as a result of prolonged use of drugs.
Reviews about Tevastor
Reviews about Tevastor are mostly positive. People who take this drug note that it normalizes the level cholesterol after about 3 weeks from the start of administration.
Reviews of doctors about Tevastor are also positive. They often recommend this Israeli drug as an analogue to expensive Krestor.
Lowering High Cholesterol with Tevastor
Zhuravlev Nikolay Yuryevich
Tevastor is a drug that belongs to the group of statins and serves to reduce the concentration of lower density lipoproteins, and also reduces blood cholesterol.
The main active ingredient of Tevastor is rosuvastatin. How does the drug work?
It is known that in the human body there are fats that adversely affect his health: they settle on the walls of blood vessels, forming plaques, hamper tissue nutrition and heart function.
Therapy with Tevastor is aimed at affecting the liver, where, in fact, the reactions of the breakdown of fats (lipoproteins) take place.
The first noticeable results of treatment with this drug appear a week after the start of the drug, and a month later you can fully evaluate the maximum effect.
To monitor, blood tests are constantly performed, showing the change in the concentration in the blood of different types of lipoproteins.
In addition to the lipid-lowering effect, rosuvastatin has a positive effect on endothelial dysfunction (which is noted as a preclinical sign of the occurrence of early atherosclerosis), improving the rheological property of the blood (fluidity), while possessing antiproliferative and antioxidant properties.
Proteinuria, mainly of renal origin, diagnosed during testing, is observed in patients taking the drug at a dose of 40 mg or higher, most often it is transient in nature and is not a symptom of progressive or acute renal failure. All serious renal complications are noted when taking rosuvastatin at a dose of 40 mg, so the use of Tevastor at a dose of 40 mg requires monitoring of renal function.
Skeletal muscle lesions such as myalgia, myopathy, and, in rare cases, rhabdomyolysis, are observed in patients taking Tevastor at a dose of 20 mg or more. Extremely rarely recorded episodes of rhabdomyolysis with the combined use of ezetimibe and HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors. The risk of rhabdomyolysis, both with rosuvastatin therapy and with other HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, increases with a dose of 40 mg.
The activity of CPK should not be determined after intense physical exertion, as well as in the presence of other possible reasons for the increase in its activity due to the likely distortion of indicators. When the initial activity of CPK is significantly increased (≥ 5 VGN), after 5-7 days it is necessary to repeat the measurement. You should not start taking Tevastor if a second check confirms the initial increased activity of CPK (≥ 5 VGN).
Patients should be aware of the need to immediately inform the doctor about the appearance of symptoms not previously noted, muscle pain of unknown etiology, weakness and / or seizures, especially when combined with malaise and fever. Therapy is stopped when CPK activity is 5 times higher than VGN or in the presence of serious muscle ailments that cause constant discomfort. After the disappearance of symptoms and normalization of KFK activity, the question of the use of rosuvastatin in the minimum dose and under close supervision should be considered again. It is inappropriate to conduct routine monitoring of CPK activity in the absence of symptoms.
Before starting treatment and during 3 months of therapy, a functional diagnosis of the liver is recommended.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
Studies of the effect of rosuvastatin on the ability to concentrate and the speed of psychomotor reactions have not been conducted. But when performing potentially hazardous activities, including driving a car, it must be borne in mind that dizziness is possible with Tevastor therapy.
Pregnancy and lactation
Tevastor is contraindicated for the treatment of pregnant and breast-feeding women. And in case of diagnosing pregnancy during therapy, the drug should be stopped immediately.
Women of reproductive age need to use reliable methods of protection. Cholesterol, as well as products of its biosynthesis, play an important role in the development of the fetus, therefore, the risk of inhibition of HMG-CoA reductase significantly exceeds the potential benefit of using Tevastor.
Studies on the excretion of rosuvastatin in breast milk have not been conducted, and therefore, if it is necessary to use Tevastor during lactation, breast-feeding should be stopped.
With impaired renal function
Patients with mild or moderate renal disease do not require dose adjustment of rosuvastatin. In severe renal failure (CC
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I.M. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, provided for informational purposes and does not replace the official instructions. Self-medication is dangerous to health!
More than $ 500 million a year is spent on allergy medications alone in the United States. Do you still believe that a way to finally defeat allergies will be found?
In the UK, there is a law according to which the surgeon can refuse to perform the operation on the patient if he smokes or is overweight. A person should give up bad habits, and then, perhaps, he will not need surgical intervention.
According to statistics, on Mondays, the risk of back injuries increases by 25%, and the risk of a heart attack - by 33%. Be careful.
74-year-old Australian resident James Harrison became a blood donor about 1,000 times. He has a rare blood type, the antibodies of which help newborns with severe anemia survive. Thus, the Australian saved about two million children.
It used to be that yawning enriches the body with oxygen. However, this view was disproved. Scientists have proved that yawning, a person cools the brain and improves its performance.
In addition to people, only one living creature on planet Earth - dogs, suffers from prostatitis. These are really our most faithful friends.
There are very interesting medical syndromes, such as obsessive ingestion of objects. In the stomach of one patient suffering from this mania, 2500 foreign objects were discovered.
With a regular visit to the tanning bed, the chance of getting skin cancer increases by 60%.
Dentists have appeared relatively recently. Back in the 19th century, it was the duty of an ordinary hairdresser to pull out diseased teeth.
According to WHO research, a daily half-hour conversation on a cell phone increases the likelihood of developing a brain tumor by 40%.
In order to say even the shortest and simplest words, we use 72 muscles.
Most women are able to get more pleasure from contemplating their beautiful body in the mirror than from sex. So, women, strive for harmony.
During operation, our brain spends an amount of energy equal to a 10-watt light bulb. So the image of a light bulb above your head at the time of the appearance of an interesting thought is not so far from the truth.
Each person has not only unique fingerprints, but also language.
If your liver stopped working, death would occur within a day.
Fish oil has been known for many decades, and during this time it has been proven that it helps to relieve inflammation, relieves joint pain, improves sos.
How does the drug work?
In the body of every person there are special fats that are able to have a truly negative effect on the body, reduce its health indicators.
Cholesterol fats tend to settle on the walls of blood vessels, small plaques form, greatly complicate the proper nutrition of all tissues, arteries and veins, including. All this leads to various diseases, both of the vessels themselves and of the heart.
Modern doctors prescribe Tevastor so that the drug has a special effect on the liver, where a special reaction of the complete breakdown of fats, that is, such an important substance as lipoproteins, is carried out.
The very initial positive results of the treatment with this drug can be felt about a week after the initial administration of the drug. The maximum effect can be obtained and seen in a month.
To conduct competent control, standard studies of blood composition are carried out, which show general changes in the concentration level in the plasma of all types of lipoproteins.
At the same time, the drug gives a positive effect with possible dysfunction of the human endothelium, improves the overall rheological quality of the blood composition, that is, blood fluidity.
More importantly, the drug is ideal as an antiproliferative and antioxidant agent. At the same time, the following pharmacokinetic properties of the drug can be noted:
- Tevastor, the instructions for use of which is understandable, equally positively affects the body, regardless of gender and age.
- With a serious and pronounced form of liver failure, the concentration of the main therapeutic substance in the blood will be about three times higher than normal.
- Features of pharmacokinetics depend on the nationality and place of residence of patients. The Japanese and Chinese have a twofold increase in the main average, which is not observed among Europeans.
In any case, the drug treatment process is characterized by high efficacy rates and a minimal amount of side effects, with the exception of individual intolerance.
Release form and basic rules for admission
Tevastor, the instructions of which must be followed during treatment, are therapeutic pills that are available with different levels of concentration of the main component, which is rosuvastine. It should be taken solely based on the recommendations of the doctor and on the instructions of the drug itself.
Among the basic rules for taking the drug can be distinguished:
- The drug is taken regardless of the meal,
- Treatment begins with a minimum dosage, gradually increasing it under close attention
- If necessary, carry out treatment in overestimated dosages, the patient also receives the most careful and comprehensive attention,
- Before starting treatment, the patient is recommended to undergo a special lipid-lowering diet. It will need to be adhered to during the entire time of treatment.
The main indications for use
The drug is prescribed for various problems associated with hypertriglyceridemia. Indispensable in the treatment of high cholesterol.
The drug can be used as a supplement to a diet in which foods with minimum amount of fat. A positive result can be achieved in the treatment of atherosclerosis.
All these are the most common diagnoses for the treatment of which doctors prescribe Tevastor. The advantage of this drug is the possibility of its use as an effective prevention of diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
For example, the medicine in its minimum dosage can be taken by all men from 55 years old and women from 60 years old. The prophylactic use of the drug is shown to all smokers and those having other similar health problems.
About a drug such as Tevastor, patient reviews can be found as positive as possible.
Analogues of the drug
Tevastor analogues, like all other drugs. It is produced by different manufacturers, which is why its names, dosage, and the presence of additional components may be different.
Analogues of a drug include a group of medicines, where the main active ingredient is rosuvastine.
Preparations of this category are characterized by the same indications for use, contraindications, and are also able to cause the same side effects. Such a tool, Tevastor, analogs of substitutes may have the following:
Analogs, like the drug itself, should be prescribed exclusively by an experienced doctor who conducts the treatment. He will take into account the features of the course of the disease, his individual intolerance, as well as the material well-being of the patient, since the cost of the drugs depends on the manufacturer.
The price for Tevastor is affordable, the drug is sold on average at a price of 220 rubles per tablet with a dosage of 5 mg, and for Tevastor 20 mg the price is set at about 800 rubles.
About a drug like Tevastor, reviews on the network can only be found positive. Patients have a significant decrease in high cholesterol in the blood, improving overall well-being.
About the drug Tevastor reviews of doctors are also positive. Here are a few of them for example.
Side effects and overdose of Tevastor
We will list only those violations that are encountered in the practice of using this statin often (at least in one case out of a hundred) and very often (in one case out of ten).
So, patients often develop endocrine system disorders, including diabetes mellitus. Also, headaches, digestive disorders are often observed. From the musculoskeletal system, myositis, muscle pain, asthenia can develop.
About three out of a hundred patients using a dose of forty milligrams have protein in their urine.
An overdose of Tevastor is fraught with the appearance of side effects. Treatment is prescribed depending on the symptoms.
Women who are prescribed Tevastor should carefully protect themselves from a possible pregnancy. Before starting a course of therapy, you need to do a pregnancy test. If conception still happened, you should immediately stop using this statin and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Tevastor tablets: instructions for use, analogues, price and reviews
Tevastor is a drug that belongs to the group of statins. The main active ingredient of the drug is rosuvastatin calcium.
The drug reduces the overall blood concentration of a substance such as low density lipoprotein. At the same time, in the process of taking the total amount of cholesterol in the blood is significantly reduced.
The drug Tevastor: instructions for use
Tevastor is part of the group of lipid-lowering drugs.
During life, harmful fats accumulate in vessels and plaques form. This leads to impaired blood flow, atherosclerosis, oxygen starvation of organ tissues, heart attack.
Hypercholesterolemia (elevated blood cholesterol) is a precursor to heart and vascular disease. In order to prevent dangerous consequences, it is necessary to reduce the level of harmful fats.
The use of Tevastor has a positive effect on fat metabolism, is the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
Tevastor is part of the group of lipid-lowering drugs.
The liver is responsible for the breakdown of fats, including harmful lipoproteins (LP). A hypolipidemic drug increases the number of hepatic low density lipoprotein receptors (LDL), increases their catabolism and uptake. The synthesis of even lower density lipoproteins (VLDL) slows down. This leads to a decrease in the concentration of cholesterol in the blood.
The pharmaceutical agent has a selective effect. It competitively inhibits 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase (HMG-CoA reductase). Due to this, the ratio is reduced:
- total cholesterol and cholesterol associated with high density lipoproteins (HDL),
- non-HDL cholesterol and HDL cholesterol
- LDL-related cholesterol and HDL-related cholesterol,
- apolipoprotein A-1 and apolipoprotein B.
The medicine can be prescribed for varicose veins.
The use of Tevastor has a positive effect not only on the state of the vessels, but also on the veins. The medicine can be prescribed for varicose veins. It improves blood circulation, helps supply oxygen to tissues and organs, cleanses and strengthens the walls of blood vessels and veins.
How to take Tevastor
Before taking the medicine and throughout the course of treatment, you must adhere to a standard lipid-lowering diet.
This will increase the effectiveness of the active substance and eliminate the extra burden on the liver.
The dosage is selected by the doctor individually. The presence of chronic diseases and the general condition of the body are taken into account. Patient gender does not matter.
The initial dose is 5 mg. The tablet is taken orally, washed down with water. The time of day and food intake do not matter. The minimum therapeutic course is 7 days. To consolidate the effect, the drug is taken for a month or more.
If the control analysis after 4 weeks shows a poor result, the dosage can be increased to 10 or 20 mg per day. 40 mg tablets are prescribed only in cases of emergency, as they often cause side effects. In this case, the patient should be under the supervision of a doctor.
Before taking the medicine and throughout the course of treatment, you must adhere to a standard lipid-lowering diet.
People with mild or moderate renal failure are allowed to take Tevastor in any dose. In severe cases, treatment with this pharmaceutical agent is recommended to be abandoned.
The doctor considers the possible benefits and risks to the patient’s health, and then prescribes treatment.
Impaired liver function is a reason for monitoring the patient while taking Tevastor. Hepatic insufficiency leads to intoxication with rosuvastatin, which for a long time circulates along with the blood throughout the body. This can adversely affect the condition of the kidneys and lead to their failure.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Cholesterol is important for the full development of the baby in the mother’s womb. A lipid-lowering agent adversely affects the formation of the fetus and the development of the baby. Therefore, during the period of bearing a child and breastfeeding, taking Tevastor is prohibited.
Cholesterol is important for the full development of the baby in the mother’s womb.
Reception of Tevastor is prohibited simultaneously with:
- Cyclosporine. With the interaction of these drugs, the concentration of rosuvastatin increases 10 times. This can adversely affect liver function.
- Gemfibrozil. If this drug is taken simultaneously with Tevastor, the concentration of the active substance will increase by 2 times.
- Vitamin K antagonists. This combination of drugs affects blood coagulation. When taken, the coagulation time increases, when canceled, it increases.
- Oral contraceptives. The active substance affects the level of hormones.
- Antiviral drugs that inhibit protease. Otherwise, the level of rosuvastatin increases 5 times.
- Antacid therapeutic agents. Aluminum and magnesium contained in them reduce the concentration of the active substance by 2 times.
Before starting treatment with a lipid-lowering agent, it is necessary to inform the doctor about drugs that are taken additionally. This information will help you choose the right dosage and avoid side effects.
Release form and medication
Tevastor - tablets produced with different concentrations of the active substance - rosuvastatin. Take them according to the instructions, when it is convenient for the patient, regardless of meals.
They begin therapy with a minimum dosage, monitoring the patient's condition for the first month. If necessary, increase the dose of the drug. When prescribing higher doses, a comprehensive and careful monitoring is carried out for the patient.
Prior to initiating therapy with Tevastor, the patient is required to adhere to the usual lipid-lowering diet and is on it for the entire duration of treatment with the indicated drug.
The dose of medicine is selected individually and it depends on the indications.
Side effects and overdose
Side effects that may occur while taking Tevastor are usually mild and usually go away on their own. The frequency and severity of side effects is the so-called dose-dependent nature.
We list the violations that can occur when using rosuvastatin most often (one case out of a hundred) and very often (one case out of ten):
- disturbances in the functioning of the endocrine system are noted, often it is diabetes mellitus,
- prolonged headaches, dizziness,
- digestive disorders (nausea, constipation, epigastric pain, pancreatitis),
- proteinuria (abnormalities in the kidneys),
- on the part of the musculoskeletal system there is a risk of myositis, asthenia, muscle pain,
- when using a dose of forty milligrams in the urine, a protein content is observed.
Laboratory studies have noted an increase in the concentration of bilirubin and glucose, the activity of GGT,
An overdose of Tevastor is fraught with the manifestation of side effects, the treatment of which is prescribed depending on the symptoms.
Attention! Women taking Tevastor are required to carefully protect themselves from pregnancy, and in the event of pregnancy, immediately stop taking the medicine and urgently seek medical advice.
Tevastor: instructions for use, reviews and analogues
A huge number of people of mature age are faced with metabolic disorders, which is due to the lifestyle of a modern person. Limitation of physical activity, abuse of alcohol and alcohol, eating transgenic, low-quality vegetable fats leads to a change in the lipid profile and in the future to the development of atherosclerosis.
To normalize the metabolism of fats in the body, in addition to optimizing the motor regime and nutrition, medications are used. According to the instructions for use with the drug Tevastor, it is a tool that lowers cholesterol. According to experts and patients, the price of this medicine is consistent with the quality and is not inferior to analogues.
General information about Tevastor
Many clinical studies have proven the ability of statins to reduce the risks of developing cardiovascular disease. In accordance with international recommendations (European and American associations of cardiologists), they are indicated not only for people with atherosclerosis and lipid profile disorders, but also for certain categories of people with normal cholesterol levels.
It is advisable to prescribe statins if there is a history of heart attack, stroke, peripheral symptomatic atherosclerosis, severe diabetes mellitus in combination with arterial hypertension, and severe renal failure. This group of drugs includes Tevastor.
Medicinal group, INN, scope
In accordance with the Anatomical and therapeutic classification of drugs, Tevastor is a monocomponent lipid-lowering drug. The active substance corresponds to the international nonproprietary name - rosuvastatin. He is a representative of the inhibitors of the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase with a selective mechanism of action and belongs to the group of statins of the 4th generation.
It is widely used by cardiologists to reduce the likelihood of developing cardiovascular complications in people with high risk scores on the SCORE scale, as well as in the treatment of atherosclerosis.
Forms of release and prices for the drug, average in Russia
The cost of the drug Tevastor directly depends on the dosage. Also revealed slight price fluctuations depending on the locality. On sale there are packages of 30 and 90 pieces. The price in the table is for a package of three blisters of ten tablets.
|Round orange tablets with 5 engraving on one side||5||340-350||320-355||315-340|
|Light pink, biconvex tablets with dosage indication in the form of an engraving||10||545-585||570-580||560-590|
Rosuvastatin calcium has an active effect. It belongs to the selective blockers of the enzyme that controls the synthesis of cholesterol - HMG-Coa-Reductase.
The manufacturer uses lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, talc as a filler. To add color, dyes are included in the preparation - iron oxides yellow and red, azorubine. They are safe for health and are approved for use in the manufacture of medicines.
Pharmacy Vacation Terms
If you have a prescription from a doctor.
The cost depends on the number of tablets in the package and the content of the active substance in them.
The average price of 5 mg tablets is 400 rubles.A drug containing 10 mg of rosuvastatin costs 470-500 rubles. Tablets 20 mg - 600-700 rubles.
If you can’t find the necessary lipid-lowering drug for sale, you can pay attention to its analogues.
The composition and pharmacological properties of Tevastor are close to such drugs as:
- Ro statin
Before replacing the drug, it is recommended to consult with your doctor. The doctor will take into account the individual characteristics of the patient and select the most effective analogue.
Rules for safe administration and dosage
The treatment period should be accompanied by a diet low in animal fats and easily digestible carbohydrates. Also, interaction with other drugs should be considered. Of particular note are the combinations of rosuvastatin with cyclosporins, vitamin K antagonists, combined oral contraceptives, erythromycin.
Typically, the starting dose is 5 mg (1/2 tablet containing 10 mg of rosuvastatin). The tablet should be taken orally at any time of the day. Eating does not have a significant effect on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. It is not recommended to chew and grind the drug.
Important! After 4 weeks of regular intake, a lipid profile should be repeated and, if necessary, a dosage adjustment should be made.
Possible side effects and overdose
In most cases, treatment with Tevastor does not have a negative effect on well-being and is easily tolerated. However, with intolerance to one of the components, an incorrect dosage, and non-compliance with the recommendations for taking tablets, the following adverse reactions may occur:
- toxic hepatitis, accompanied by jaundice and increased liver function tests (thymol, AST, ALT, total bilirubin), Toxic hepatitis
- stool disorders (constipation, diarrhea),
- allergic reactions, accompanied by redness of the skin, itching, Quincke's edema,
- in rare cases, dry cough, shortness of breath,
- dizziness, blurred eyes,
- violation of psycho-emotional health (drowsiness, irritability).
If the above symptoms occur, you should stop taking the drug and consult a doctor to monitor kidney and liver function.
Reviews on the effectiveness of Tevastor
Numerous reviews from patients and doctors help evaluate Tevastor.
Marina, 48 years old: “By chance, when examining in the clinic, they found high cholesterol. I was on a diet for two months, there was no result. The cardiologist prescribed Tevastor in half a 10 mg tablet. Saw every day in the morning. A month later, cholesterol dropped almost to normal. ”
Victor, 65 years old: “Two years ago he suffered a heart attack, and began to be thoroughly examined. The doctor prescribed pills to lower cholesterol as a prevention of re-infarction. I feel good, but the first month after taking the medicine I felt nauseous.
I still take these pills, their price is affordable, and the quality is quite high, the nausea has passed. ”Alexander, 43 years old:“ In our family, after 40 years, everyone has problems with pressure and cholesterol. I was no exception. Tevastor was prescribed, but the drug did not fit me.
Immediately after taking dizziness, I wanted to sleep. The doctor said to be patient - it often happens, but I think it is better to replace it if the remedy didn’t fit right away.
Golub Olga Vasilievna, therapist, 18 years of experience: “Tevastor is used to correct lipid metabolism in people older than 50 years with concomitant hypertension. Usually the treatment is well tolerated, the drug is available in most pharmacies, the price is affordable.
The effect is not observed immediately, but persists for a long time. However, for successful treatment, it is important to choose the right dosage taking into account the benefits and risks. "
Timely started medication has the most pronounced effect in combination with the right lifestyle. Statins are not a mandatory drug in the detection of hypercholesterolemia, however, their purpose is justified in identifying a high risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
It should be noted that Tevastor is a prescription drug, its use should be accompanied by monitoring of the liver and kidneys, as well as regular monitoring of blood pressure.
Loading ... Project Expert (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- 2009 - 2014, Donetsk National Medical University. M. Gorky
- 2014 - 2017, Zaporizhzhya State Medical University (ZDMU)
- 2017 - present, I am doing an internship in obstetrics and gynecology
Attention! All information on the site is posted for the purpose of familiarization. Do not self-medicate. At the first signs of the disease - consult a doctor for advice. Do you have questions after reading the article? Or you saw a mistake in the article, write to the project expert.
Tevastor: instructions for use, analogues, prices and reviews
What are Tevastor tablets, concise instructions for use, existing analogues, average price, as well as reviews of doctors and patients - useful information that can be gleaned from this article.
Composition and dosage form
The drug Tevastor belongs to the pharmaceutical group of selective inhibitors of HMG-CoA reductase. This enzyme is involved in the cholesterol production chain in hepatocytes. This statin increases the production of high density lipoproteins by liver cells.
At the same time, the amount of bad cholesterol decreases.
The main active ingredient of Tevastor, rosuvastatin, corrects the level of total cholesterol, normalizes triglycerides, and simultaneously reduces apolipoproteins B in the circulating blood.
Tevastor is available in the form of round yellowish tablets in a shell. Rosuvastatin can be purchased at a dose of 5, 10, 20 and 40 mg. The standard package contains 30 or 90 tablets, sealed in blisters of 10 pieces. Country of origin - Israel.
The positive effect of therapy with Tevastor is often observed after 7-10 days of regular use. The maximum effect on elevated cholesterol occurs after four weeks of pharmacotherapy. The adjustment of the initial dose should be carried out on the basis of lipid status data and not earlier than after a month of taking the tablets.
Dosage and administration
Tevastor can be taken at any time convenient for you. Do not grind the tablet; drink it whole with water or warm tea.
The administration of a pharmaceutical preparation should be combined with a dietary menu and physical activity. Only an experienced specialist doctor can choose the optimal dose of the drug, taking into account the individual characteristics of your body and the medical history.
Often, therapy begins with a starting dose of 5-10 mg. If after a month the therapeutic effect has not been achieved, the doctor adjusts the dose of the drug.
Monitoring the success of the treatment regimen is carried out using a laboratory blood test for cholesterol and triglycerides.
The maximum dose of 40 mg is indicated for people with severe hypercholesterolemia and concomitant heart diseases. Such patients are under permanent medical supervision.
During pregnancy and lactation
Women carrying a child, it is extremely undesirable to use lipid-lowering drugs. During pregnancy, you need to take a break.
The use of this group of pharmaceuticals is allowed only in exceptional cases and only under strict medical supervision.
In case of acute need for the use of statins during breastfeeding, it is necessary to transfer the baby to artificial nutrition.
Since the effect of the drug on the children's body has not been thoroughly studied, this medicine is not used in pediatrics.
The opinions of doctors and patients are in solidarity - there is definitely a positive effect from the course of rosuvastatin. Doctors note an improvement in laboratory cholesterol levels within a week and a half from the start of therapy. At the same time, it is possible to adjust the dosage if necessary. Rosuvastatin fits well with the concept of classic hyperlipidemia treatment.
Patients note the convenience of taking once a day and without reference to food intake. Side effects are often minor and temporary. Some complain about the price, especially when buying the maximum dosage. But most citizens who have used this pharmaceutical product are satisfied with the result of therapy and prevention of high cholesterol.
Lyudmila, 53 years old, Moscow
The heart began to bother with 47 years. Periodic pain and pressure drops interfered with normal life and work. Turned to a cardiologist, diagnosed with a heart attack threat. The doctor said to take Tevastor 10 mg tablets for a month. Repeated research showed a good result. The risk of a heart attack decreased, the pressure returned to normal. I did not notice any side effects.
Elena, 59 years old, Vladivostok
I had a heart attack 3 years ago, had a vascular stenting operation. To prevent the situation from happening again, the doctor prescribed Tevastor. The drug helps, but is expensive. There are analogues cheaper.
Victor, 64 years old, Rostov-on-Don
I have been smoking since I was 21 years old. I love fatty and fried foods. Because of this, problems with the vessels began. Blood test results showed elevated cholesterol. The doctor advised Tevastor tablets as a prevention of atherosclerosis and heart attack. I take the medicine in courses of 1 month. I noticed improvements: my head became less dizzy, less often pressure jumps.
During the period of taking Tevastor, the amount of protein in the urine increases.
Svetlana, cardiologist, 44 years old, Astrakhan
Elevated cholesterol is found in both the elderly and relatively young. In order to prevent the formation of plaques and dangerous pathologies, I prescribe lipid-lowering drugs. Treatment with Tevastor gives positive results in a month. Cholesterol is back to normal. However, in order to avoid relapse, the course of administration should be repeated periodically.
Anatoly, cardiologist, 39 years old, Orenburg
Bad habits, unbalanced nutrition, lack of exercise lead to early deposition of harmful fats on the walls of blood vessels. It is important to diagnose them in time. To deal with this problem, I recommend Tevastor tablets to patients. They lower cholesterol, but relapse can occur when they are canceled. Therefore, it is important to follow a diet.
Tevastor tablets: instructions for use and reviews of doctors
Based on the statistics of taking drugs around the world, the first place with a huge margin is occupied by statins since it was patented.
Atorvastatin is the first drug of this action. The drug was synthesized in August 1985 in Germany.
Statins are drugs designed to combat hypercholesterolemia, and atherosclerosis developing as a result of it. Their action is to correct lipid profile indicators, treat vascular wall defects and reduce its inflammation.
The effect of statins on cholesterol biosynthesis
Statins lower blood cholesterol by integrating into its biosynthesis in the liver.
For a better understanding of this, it is worth taking the whole process into stages.
There are more than twenty components involved in the biosynthesis process.
For the convenience of study and understanding, there are only four main stages:
- the first stage is the accumulation of a sufficient amount of glucose in hepatocytes to start the reaction, after which the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase begins to be included in the process, under the influence of which a compound called mevalonate is formed by biotransformation,
- then concentrated mevalonate is involved in the phosphorylation process, it consists in the transfer of phosphorus groups and their capture by adenosine tri-phosphate, for the synthesis of energy sources,
- the next stage - the condensation process - it consists in the gradual utilization of water and the conversion of mevalonate into squalene, and then into lanosterol,
- with the establishment of double bonds, a carbon atom is attached to lanosterol - this is the final stage of cholesterol production that occurs in a special organelle of hepatocytes - the endoplasmic reticulum.
Statins affect the first stage of transformation, blocking the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase and almost completely stopping the production of mevalonate. This mechanism is common to the whole group. So it was first developed by German scientists at Pfizer in the last century.
After a decade of clinical trials, statins appeared in the pharmacy market. The first of them was the original drug Atorvastatin, the rest appeared much later and are its copies - these are the so-called generics.
The mechanism of action in the body
Tevastor is a fourth-generation statin having, as an active substance, rosuvastatin. Tevastor is one of the most popular derivatives of Atorvastatin in the CIS countries - its predecessor.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics explain how Tevastor acts after it enters the human body.
Penetrating through the mucous membrane of the stomach, the active component is carried by the bloodstream throughout the body and accumulates in the liver after five hours.
The half-life is twenty hours, which means that it will take about forty hours to completely clear it. The drug is excreted through the natural paths - the intestine removes 90%, the remaining amount is excreted by the kidneys.
With regular use of the drug, the maximum therapeutic effect is manifested a month after the start of treatment.
If the patient has chronic diseases, the pharmacokinetic parameters change:
- With severe renal failure, when creatine clearance decreases by 4 times or more, the concentration of rosuvastatin increases by 9 times. In patients on hemodialysis, these rates increase to 45%,
- In mild and moderate renal failure, when the clearance is above 30 milliliters per minute, the concentration of substances in the plasma remains at the therapeutic level.
- With developed liver failure, the elimination half-life increases, that is, the active components continue to circulate in the blood. This can cause chronic intoxication, kidney damage, and severe poisoning. Therefore, during treatment, it is necessary to strictly comply with the doctor’s prescriptions, to prevent overdose and in time to pass control tests,
When using the medicine, it should be remembered that in people of the Asian race, the excretion of rosuvastatin is slowed, so they should only be prescribed the minimum doses.
Instructions for use of the drug
There is a certain list of indications for the use of the drug.
All indications are indicated in the instructions for use.
This guide is a mandatory component in the packaging of the drug sold through the pharmacy network.
The main indications for the use of the medication are:
- Primary (with it only lipoproteins of low density are elevated) and mixed (elevated and lipoproteins of very low density too) hypercholesterolemia. But only in the case when an increase in physical activity, rejection of bad habits and diet food did not bring the desired effect,
- Hypertriglycerinemia, while increasing low density lipoproteins, if a rigid diet did not lower cholesterol,
- Atherosclerosis - to increase the amount of high density lipoprotein receptors in the liver to reduce the concentration of bad cholesterol,
- To prevent the development of cardiovascular complications of atherosclerosis: acute myocardial infarction, ischemic stroke, angina pectoris, especially in the presence of risk factors - smoking, alcohol abuse, obesity, over the age of 50 years.
The instructions for use establish clear allowable dosages for taking the medicine.
Take orally, drinking plenty of water, regardless of meals, without chewing or breaking. It is recommended to drink at night, because during the day, the elimination of the medicine is accelerated, and a large amount of it is excreted from the body.
The initial dose is 5 mg 1 time per day. Every month, it is necessary to undergo lipid control and a doctor's consultation. Before starting treatment, a cardiologist is obliged to issue a guide for admission and explain what side effects should stop taking and seek help from a medical institution.
In addition, all the time of therapy, it is necessary to adhere to a hypocholesterol diet, which means strictly restricting the intake of fatty, fried foods, eggs, flour and sweet foods.
Pathological effects on the body
Side effects are classified according to the frequency of occurrence as frequent, rare and very rare.
Frequent - one case per hundred people - dizziness, pain in the temples and neck, development of type 2 diabetes, nausea, vomiting, upset stool, muscle pain, asthenic syndrome,
Rare - one case per 1000 people - allergic reactions to the components of the drug from urticaria to Quincke's edema, acute pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), skin rash, myopathy,
Extremely rare - 1/10000 cases - rhabdomyolysis occurs, this is the destruction of muscle tissue with the release of destroyed proteins into the bloodstream and the occurrence of renal failure.
Contraindications to the use of the medication are the following cases:
- Pregnancy - Rosuvastatin is extremely toxic to the fetus, because by blocking the synthesis of cholesterol, it disrupts the formation of the cell wall. This, in turn, will lead to intrauterine growth retardation, multiple organ failure, and respiratory distress syndrome. The fetus may die or be born with severe malformations, therefore, it is strictly recommended that other drugs be prescribed for a pregnant patient.
- Breastfeeding - this has not been tested in clinical studies, so the risks are unpredictable. At this time, the drug must be abandoned.
- Children and adolescents due to imperfect organogenesis can get acquired malformations, therefore, admission to 18 years is prohibited.
- Severe renal failure.
- Diseases of the liver, acute or chronic.
- In old age, it is necessary to prescribe the drug with caution. Starting dose of 5 mg, maximum not more than 20 mg per day under strict medical supervision.
- After organ transplantation due to the incompatibility of cyclosporine, which suppresses the rejection reaction and rosuvastatin.
- Together with anticoagulants, since Tevastor potentiates their action, increasing prothrombin time. This can be fraught with internal bleeding.
- You can not take it with other statins and hypocholesterolemic drugs due to the combination of pharmacokinetics.
- Lactose intolerance.
In addition, it is forbidden to take medication if a patient has a hypersensitivity reaction to any of the components of the drug.
Information about statins is provided in the video in this article.
Indicate your sugar or select a gender for recommendations. Searching not found. Showing. Searching. Not found. Showing. Searching. Not found.