Cornmeal contains a large amount of carbohydrates, which are split into simple sugars for a long time. Useful substances in croup will provide a person with enough energy for work and recovery. Corn glucose is absorbed slowly and does not provoke sharp jumps in blood sugar.
Patients with diabetes mellitus of the second and first type of corn porridge is useful for the following reasons:
- Normalized blood sugar levels. The wholemeal groats have an average glycemic index, therefore glucose is absorbed relatively slowly.
- Tones the body of the patient. With type 2 diabetes, the patient is on a strict diet. With a lack of vitamins and minerals, a person feels fatigued. Corn porridge replenishes the body with essential trace elements.
- Normalizes the digestive tract. Finely ground corn porridge envelops the stomach walls and relieves painful symptoms.
With type 2 diabetes, the patient is prescribed a strict diet. To quickly lose weight and at the same time do not feel discomfort in the food is recommended to use vegetables and cereals. Corn grits were unfairly forgotten in Russia and appeared in stores at the end of 2000. Allergy-free cereal is safe for children from the first year of life and is suitable for people with serious diseases of the pancreas, gastrointestinal tract.
The composition of healthy dishes
Useful properties of porridge associated with a rich composition of cereals:
- Vitamins of group A. Beta-carotene participates in all exchange and regenerating processes. With a deficiency of vitamin A, a patient with diabetes mellitus quickly decreases eyesight, immunity deteriorates.
- IN 1. It is necessary for normal water-salt metabolism, participates in the work of the cardiovascular system.
- Niacin or vitamin PP. Participates in the metabolism of fats in the body, is necessary for normal digestion and assimilation of food.
- Vitamin C. Ascorbic acid is essential for normal functioning of the immune system, is a natural antioxidant.
- Vitamin E. It is necessary for the normal functioning of the pancreas, is responsible for the production of hormones and is involved in lipid processes. With a lack of tocopherol in the patient's body, the condition of the skin, nails and hair deteriorates. Diabetic foot is formed.
- Vitamin K. Natural antihemorrhagic agent. Participates in the process of blood clotting, it is necessary for the rapid healing of ulcers and wounds.
- Potassium. Needed for normal heart function, participates in water-salt metabolism.
- Calcium. It is necessary for the formation of muscles, is involved in neural connections, forms bones and teeth.
- Iron. Included in the blood and is responsible for the level of hemoglobin.
Of particular importance for a patient with diabetes is vitamin K in the composition of cereals. Phylloquinone is found only in some products, and it participates in the synthesis of prothrombin. Therefore, without his participation, blood clotting is impossible. Vitamin K is not destroyed by heat treatment, therefore, in porridge is stored in full. A lot of vitamin K is found in mango, but this fruit is expensive and not as affordable as corn grits.
But corn is not always useful for patients with diabetes. Grits of coarse or fine grinding, cooked without the addition of sugar, butter and milk, are considered useful.
Great danger for patients with diabetes are flakes from instant corn. Of course, just pour the flakes with water and after 10 minutes, get a delicious, porridge. But flakes contain a large amount of carbohydrates, which are dangerous for diabetics.
You can eat canned corn without adding sugar. But for a patient with diabetes, only home canning is suitable. After heat treatment and storage in canned grain remains 20% of all useful elements.
Despite the benefits of corn porridge has contraindications:
- Individual intolerance to croup. An allergic reaction to corn occurs in one of one hundred cases. If after the use of symptoms appeared: itching, red spots, swelling, then it is recommended to take an antihistamine and consult a doctor.
- A stomach ulcer. Coarse grits are contraindicated for patients with severe gastrointestinal injuries. And soft flakes are not suitable for people with diabetes.
- Predisposition to thrombophlebitis.
In other cases, properly cooked porridge will only be useful for a weakened body.
Young corn dairy cobs contain in their composition a double rate of vitamin K. This rare element is necessary for the patient with diabetes, as it is responsible for blood clotting. By consuming several young cobs a day, the patient normalizes lipid processes in the body, regeneration of the epidermis is accelerated. Sores and minor cuts on the legs heal faster.
On the day a patient can eat no more than two young ears. Prepare the dish in the following steps:
- Young corn is washed in running water.
- Cobs are steamed or boiled in water. The first option is preferable for patients with diabetes. Cook the cob, depending on the size of an average of 25-30 minutes. Large cobs are pre-cut.
- Prepared corn can be seasoned with a spoon of olive oil, sprinkled with cinnamon.
On request, sorbitol is put into the dish, but the young ears and without additives have a sweetish taste.
Hominy is a national southern dish. Boiled porridge is used as an additive to the main dish. With the habit of hominy, it may seem fresh, but in combination with juicy meat or fish, the dish will sparkle with new colors.
Daily use of hominy helps to normalize the following processes in the patient's body:
- reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol,
- strengthen the bone tissue and the vascular system
- remove puffiness and remove excess fluid from the body,
- clean and normalize the urinary tract.
Prepare hominy for the recipe:
- For the preparation of finely ground cereal is taken in the amount of two glasses. Pre-washed in running water and dried in the oven at 50 degrees.
- A small cast-iron cauldron is heated on gas, and a small amount of vegetable oil is poured into it.
- Krupa is poured into a cauldron, and six glasses of water are added to it.
- Cook for 35 minutes on low heat. Periodically porridge is mixed.
- When the hominy is ready, the fire is reduced to a minimum and the dishes are drawn in the cauldron for another 15 minutes. At the bottom should appear a ruddy crust.
- Chilled hominy spread in a shallow dish, cut.
The dish is served with curd cheese, boiled fish or stew and a sauce based on garlic and red pepper.
For the preparation of simple porridge will need fresh cereals, coarse or finely ground. When choosing cereals, pay attention to its color. Corn should have a golden hue, if there is a brownish color or lumps, it is better not to take grits.
For cooking porridge thick consistency is taken ratio: 0.5 cups cereals / 2 cups of water. In a pot of water is poured, and brought to a boil. Groats are poured into boiling water, a small amount of salt is added. Cook porridge, stirring constantly, 40 minutes. Then a spoonful of olive oil is added to the dish, the pan is closed for 2 hours. After the porridge is infused and becomes soft and crumbly, the dish is served at the table.
Corn porridge goes well with cheeses, mushrooms, boiled lean meat and fish.
Corn porridge with type 2 diabetes is useful and with proper preparation will only benefit.
We recommend to watch a video about the benefits of corn flour for diabetics:
All about corn for diabetes
Many patients are interested in, is it possible to eat boiled corn with type 2 diabetes? Doctors believe that such a product is quite useful, therefore, allow it to use.
Cobs need to choose young, as they contain a lot more nutrients when compared with overripe corn. You need to cook in water, preferably without salt, until fully cooked, and to eat no more than two cobs a day.
There is practically no benefit from canned corn, it contains no more than 20% of the useful substances from the original indicators. In addition, such products are usually supplemented with sugar, preservatives and flavors, which reduces the benefit several times.
However, sometimes canned corn can afford, for example, add a few tablespoons in the first course, or salad.
Cornmeal has a special benefit for diabetes, which consists in the following points:
- Due to the special processing technology, flour retains all the useful components.
- From flour, you can cook a variety of dishes that allow you to vary the diet and benefit the body - pancakes, pies, pancakes and so on.
- Thanks to the flour, you can bake pastry baking, which is not only tasty, but also useful.
Endocrinologists say that corn porridge is practically a panacea for diabetes. Since it helps to reduce the amount of harmful cholesterol, is a supplier of folic acid, strengthens the bones, provides an improvement of kidney function in diabetics, reduces the development of concomitant pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
Cornmeal: the benefits and harm
In diabetes, corn porridge is a storehouse of mineral elements, vitamins and nutrients. However, it has a relatively low glycemic index, which is 50.
Corn grits are a kind of material that generates complex carbohydrates, as a result of which they are absorbed in the human body for a long period of time, and the patient forgets about the feeling of hunger. In addition, porridge is rich in fiber, which contributes to a decrease in carbohydrate digestibility.
Equally important is the fact that the porridge made from corn has a specific component, called amylase, which slows the penetration of sugar into the bloodstream of a diabetic.
Features of corn porridge with the second type of diabetes:
- Low calorie content of the prepared product, which allows to keep the body weight at the required level, and not to gain extra pounds, aggravating the course of the disease.
- Studies have shown that the introduction of corn porridge in the diabetic's daily diet over time helps to reduce drug treatment to a minimum.
- The second type of diabetes imposes some restrictions on the preparation of the product: you should refuse to add butter, sugar in porridge. If you want to make the dish more tasty and at the same time, so that sugar does not rise after eating, you can add a small amount of dried fruit.
- In case of diabetes mellitus type 2, corn porridge should be eaten in small portions: the maximum volume of one portion is four tablespoons with a slide at a time.
Despite the benefits of corn, corn flakes do not bring any benefit to the body. This circumstance is explained by the fact that the process of their production involves a lot of production steps, as a result of which nutrients are leveled.
In addition, in case of diabetes, such a product is recommended to be completely abandoned, since in most cases it contains sugar or table salt, which do not benefit the human body.
Corn porridge has not only a positive side, but also a negative side. There are a number of situations when it is recommended to abandon such a product, or to reduce its consumption to a minimum number of times per week:
- Predisposition to the formation of blood clots.
- Diseases of the circulatory system.
- Ulcerative pathology of the stomach, duodenum.
Undoubtedly, the above points are not absolute contraindications for use, they merely imply that the abuse of the product does not benefit the body, so everything should be in moderation.
Cooking methods and recipes
The use of the product is indisputable, however, cereal from corn grits should also be consumed correctly. It is not recommended to add oil, but if the dish seems too bland, then it is permissible to add a minimum amount.
The fact is that if you add fat to the finished dish, the glycemic index will increase due to this circumstance, which is not beneficial for diabetics, and even a diet with elevated sugar does not allow this.
Porridge is forbidden to combine with fatty sorts of cottage cheese. However, you can diversify the dish with nuts, dried fruits, cinnamon. In addition, adding vegetables to the porridge in the form of a side dish will be equally useful. They can be boiled, steamed, steamed.
Corn porridge can be eaten at any stage of diabetes. But doctors believe that if you enrich the diet in the early stages of the disease, then medical correction may not be required at all.
General rules for cooking corn porridge:
- Groats must necessarily be fresh, stored in a cotton bag.
- Before preparing the product, rinse it under running water.
- Groats are always placed in boiling water, which can be slightly salted.
Diabetic porridge is usually cooked in water. However, in order to improve the taste, it is permissible to add a small amount of skimmed milk to the semi-finished product.
Hominy recipe for diabetics:
- Pour water into an enameled container with thick walls, bring to a boil.
- Pour 150 grams of corn grits into water, cook until thick, stir constantly.
- After turning off the fire, leave for 15 minutes under the lid.
- Then put on the table, and say the resulting porridge in roll.
Serve to the table can be cold or hot, cut the roll into small pieces, add boiled vegetables as a side dish. Reviews of diabetics say that such a dish is porridge, but it looks completely different, that aesthetic perception adds to the useful properties.
Corn porridge can be cooked in a double boiler (this cooking method allows a diet of 5 tables). To do this, the grits are thoroughly washed, sent to a cooking tank, two thirds of the required water, and one third of skimmed milk are added. You need to stew a dish for at least 30 minutes; it is better to serve hot with greens and vegetables.
Corn grits are considered to be a valuable and very useful food product, which significantly reduces the concentration of glucose in the blood, allowing diabetics to live a normal and fulfilling life.
What do you think about this? What are delicious, and most importantly useful recipes based on corn grits, you have taken root? Share your recipes, comments and tips for people who have just taken the path of nutrition in diabetes!
Millet - the seeds of such a culture as millet. This golden cereal can really be estimated at its weight in gold. Millet porridge is an excellent dietary product, suitable for people with various health problems. Let's talk a little about the benefits that millet brings to the body.
Groats contain a large amount of potassium, necessary for people suffering from heart disease.Porridge has a positive effect on the liver, and accordingly, on the blood formation system. In the old days it was said that millet strengthens the body and gives strength to the body.
An equally important feature of millet is the lipotropic action. This means that the fat in the body from the millet porridge is not delayed, moreover, the porridge frees the cells from excess fat, removing them from the body. This property of cereals makes it an indispensable product for those who want to lose weight.
If a person has been sick for a long time and he had to take antibiotics, then millet will provide an indispensable service, cleaning the body of accumulated toxins, acting as an antioxidant.
Millet porridge is very useful in diseases of the pancreas. Using it for food for 3 weeks, you can greatly facilitate the work of this body. The second type of diabetes is directly related to the activity of the pancreas.
Millet porridge in type 2 diabetes is very useful. Millet refers to products containing complex carbohydrates. This means that once in the body, they need a long time for splitting, i.e. man will not feel hunger. For diabetics, this is a very important argument. And if you consider that cereal contains enough calcium, magnesium and zinc, then the metabolism will improve. For patients with the second type of diabetes, it is important that the body burns calories, this can be achieved with the help of millet.
If you enter the millet porridge in a regular diet in parallel with the main therapy, the symptoms of the disease will not bother the patient for a long time, because the millet will improve insulin production. Porridge can be cooked in low-fat milk or water, adding a piece of butter.
Millet in diabetes has a tendency to cause constipation, so you should follow the work of the intestine. And another important warning to people with thyroid disease, with which there is a lack of iodine - they cannot eat this product, as there are elements in the composition of cereals that prevent iodine absorption. There is a theory that during heat treatment this property disappears, but there is no evidence.
Polenta - healthy and tasty food for type 2 diabetes
- There is an opinion of competent experts who study diabetes, in particular, corn grits and constant use of cereals based on it can help to cure this serious illness.
- A person with a diagnosis of diabetes is allowed to eat no more than four tablespoons of porridge at a time, but it should be as little as possible to add butter, but it is recommended not to put sugar at all. To make porridge tastier, you can chop a small amount of fresh or dried fruits and nuts into it.
- The undoubted advantage of eating corn porridge in type 2 diabetes is that it satisfies well the hunger and after serving such a nourishing porridge, you do not want to eat for a very long time, but all thanks to the substances contained in it that suppress appetite. And this is very good, because most diabetics are overweight.
- Cornmeal porridge is a dietary food - it is recommended for the mandatory inclusion in the diet of people diagnosed with this type of diabetes. Heat treatment does not prevent the corn grits from remaining as a very useful product.
But the corn flakes will not bring any benefit to the patient's body, since they go through a fair amount of production steps, after which there are no nutrients left in them. People suffering from diabetes should refrain from eating cornflakes because, in most cases, they contain salt and sugar in their composition, and this is not very useful for this ailment.
In case of diabetes mellitus type 2, glycemia correction can be performed using a drug method or using other methods of recovery. The second option is considered less effective. However, if it is possible to reduce the concentration of blood sugar by lifestyle modification, then the disease does not have time to develop too much.
The basis of diet therapy is the use of foods with a low glycemic index (GI). The indicator demonstrates the ability of a particular meal to increase blood glucose levels. For regular use recommended dishes with GI below 50.
This indicator for corn porridge ranges from 70 to 80. It all depends on the characteristics of cooking. Given this, the usefulness of the product for patients with type 2 diabetes is questioned.
The thicker the porridge, the higher its GI. Patients suffering from the disease should be aware of the gradation of food relative to its glycemic index:
- Below 50 - recommended for daily use
- 50-70 - allowed rarely (no more than 1 time per week),
- Above 70 - is forbidden to use.
Corn porridge with type 2 diabetes mellitus is not recommended to use more often 1 time in 7 days. Even despite its dieteticity, it can significantly increase the concentration of blood glucose in patients with disease.
This is due to the presence of a fairly large amount of "light" carbohydrates, which are very quickly absorbed. This leads to severe hyperglycemia with all associated symptoms.
The following cereals are more acceptable for regular consumption:
- Rice porrige,
Before drawing up the daily menu, be sure to consult with your doctor. He will tell you how you can use corn porridge without harm to the patient's health.
Benefit or harm
Corn - one of the most common, popular products on the planet. For many, it remains the basis of the daily diet. Its many millennia used not only in cooking, but also in traditional medicine.
Porridge contains a huge amount of nutrients. Given the dietary quality of cereals, she has the right to be present at the table of the diabetic. The main thing - do not abuse it.
The main components of the product that make it particularly useful are:
- Mono, polysaccharides,
- Proteins, fats,
- Organic acids
- Vitamins (A, E, PP, Group B),
- Minerals (phosphorus, potassium, chromium, manganese, zinc, silicon, iron).
The rich chemical composition allows the croup to saturate the body with essential substances. Low calorie causes the inclusion of corn in the menu of various diets. With diabetes, its amount must be strictly metered.
The permissible rate is a portion of 150 g of cereal. For 7 days it can be used only once. With more frequent use there is a risk of increasing the performance on the meter.
It is important to note that the body's response to corn depends on the individual characteristics of a person. Some people can use it more often without harm to health. You can learn this only by experience.
Vitamins, minerals contained in a specific porridge, contribute to a significant improvement in skin, hair, eyesight. They normalize the metabolism. Fiber helps to stabilize the functioning of the digestive system.
A high glycemic index is a potential harm for patients with a "sweet" disease. The product is able to provoke a sharp jump in blood glucose. In drawing up the daily menu, preference should be given to other cereals.
Type 2 diabetes is a disease that largely depends on the compensatory capabilities of the pancreas. Over time, it depletes its reserves, and the disease progresses.
To prevent this from happening, you must follow a diet. The patient receives the basic information from the attending physician. However, the patient himself must understand how to form his diet to stabilize his own state.
On how corn porridge will be cooked, the further development of diabetes in a particular person may depend. There are several important points to remember in order to create a tasty, healthy dish:
- During cooking, grits must be taken in a 1: 2 ratio with water. 100 g of porridge is boiled using 200 ml of water,
- The duration of the cooking process should be 25 minutes,
- It is necessary to fill a garnish with vegetable oil (olive, sunflower). Creamy product for this purpose is not suitable. It dramatically increases the glycemic index of the dish,
- It is important not to digest the cereal. The thicker it is, the worse for the patient's carbohydrate metabolism.
The average portion should be 150 g. It can be used as a single dish or combined with others. The corn porridge combines well with such delicacies:
- Beef Stew,
- Chicken liver stew with gravy (no flour added),
- Fish Cakes,
- Boiled chicken breast with vegetables.
In most cases, the selection of the menu depends on the dietality of accompanying dishes, taste preferences of a particular patient.
Healthy food should also be enjoyable. There is a huge variety of recipes that give the corn porridge a unique taste. Below will be considered the most simple as well as popular ones.
Cooking in a multivariate
Modern housewives have the opportunity to dispose of convenient devices for the preparation of a variety of healthy, delicious dishes. It is pleasant to use them because of simplicity, and also speed of creation of food.
Corn porridge is prepared from the following ingredients:
- A glass of cereal,
- Two glasses of milk, but skim,
- 200 ml of water
- A little dried apricots,
- 10 ml of vegetable oil.
To give the porridge a pleasant taste, you can make olive oil, infused with greens. To this end, garlic, basil, cumin are added to a certain amount of liquid, and left overnight. This dressing will give the dish spice.
The cooking process consists of the following steps:
- Rinse the cereal under cold water,
- Cut the dried apricots into small pieces,
- Put all ingredients in a container,
- Set the mode "porridge", wait for the allotted time (1 hour).
After that, you can enjoy a pleasant, wholesome dish.
Porridge with Tomatoes
Another simple recipe for diabetics. Before using tomatoes, they need to be peeled. To do this, you can make a cut on top of the vegetable, and then it is easy to remove the shell. Then you need to additionally pour them with boiling water.
Ingredients required for cooking are:
- 250 g of corn grits,
- 500 ml of purified water
- 2-3 medium tomatoes
- 3 pcs. onions. People who do not take a vegetable can be excluded from the recipe,
- 15 ml vegetable oil to choose from,
- Some greens
- Salt, pepper to taste.
The cooking process consists of the following steps:
- Groats are washed under cold running water. It is necessary to clean it from possible minor impurities,
- Water is brought to a boil. It must first be salted,
- Then fall asleep cereal, cook for 25 minutes. Water should boil almost completely,
- At the same time preparing a tomato dressing. Better tomatoes stew with greens. Sometimes they are fried, but this contributes to a certain increase in the glycemic index of the dish. Much depends on the taste preferences of the patient,
- When the porridge is fully prepared, a dressing is added to it. Cover with a lid, leave over low heat for another two or three minutes,
- Decorate the finished dish with greens. Add spices to taste.
There are quite a few options for making corn porridge for patients with type 2 diabetes. The main thing - to find the most delicious. It must be remembered that the use of food should be limited.
Glycemic index of corn porridge
Diet therapy is based on products with low GI and low content of bread units. GI is an indicator of the effect of a certain food product after it has been consumed on blood glucose levels.
For diabetics, the permitted indicators are up to 50 U - the main ration is formed from them, food with an average index is permissible several times a week, but high GI is strictly prohibited. If you use foods with a high index - they can provoke hyperglycemia, or the transition of type 2 diabetes to an insulin-dependent type.
The consistency of the prepared dish influences the increase of the GI croup - the thicker the porridge is, the higher its GI. It is forbidden to add butter and margarine to porridge, it is better to replace them with vegetable oil.
The scale division of the GI:
- up to 50 IU - products for the main diet,
- 50 - 70 U - food can only sometimes be included in the diet,
- from 70 units - such food can provoke hyperglycemia.
Kashi with low GI:
Corn grits has GI 80 U, which puts its benefit in diabetes under great doubt. Of course, this porridge is quite useful, as it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals.
Corn porridge with diabetes can be included in the diet, but not more than once a week.
Corn in many countries is considered a panacea for various diseases. All this is due to the presence in it of a variety of vitamin and micro-and macronutrients. As a therapeutic treatment, diabetics are prescribed the use of corn stigmas, which, after a monthly intake, lowers blood sugar levels.
This groat has deserved high GI thanks to the increased content of easily digestible carbohydrates. Although its caloric content is relatively low, because of which dishes from it are included in many diets.
Corn porridge with diabetes mellitus and other diseases can suppress in the body the putrefactive processes of the intestine. It also contributes to the removal of fats and accumulated pesticides.
Nutrients in Corn Porridge:
- vitamin A,
- B vitamins,
- vitamin E,
- vitamin PP,
Cooking corn porridge with type 2 diabetes is necessary on the water, and to a viscous consistency. Corn grits contains dietary fiber, which normalizes cholesterol in the blood.
In addition, fiber has antioxidant properties and removes decomposition products from the body.
Rules for cooking porridge
This porridge should be prepared in proportions of one to two, that is, 200 ml of water is taken per 100 grams of cereal. It is cooked on low heat for at least 25 minutes. After cooking, it is recommended to fill this side dish with vegetable oil.
You can use olive, pre-insisting it on herbs and vegetables (chili garlic). Oil is poured into a dry glass container, and herbs (cumin, basil), garlic are added. To insist such oil should be in a dark cool place, at least a day.
The use of dairy products in the preparation of corn porridge is prohibited. Her GI is higher than the acceptable rate of diabetic, and the use of milk will only increase this value. The question arises - how much can you eat such a porridge for a patient with diabetes. A portion should not exceed 150 grams, the presence of a side dish in the diet no more than twice a week.
This side dish will go well with such dishes:
- chicken liver with gravy,
- steamed beef patties
- chicken breast stewed in tomato
- fish patties.
You can also use corn porridge for breakfast, as a complete dish.
Corn Porridge Recipes
The first recipe for corn porridge involves the preparation of porridge in a slow cooker. All ingredients should be measured according to the multi glass, which comes in a set with a slow cooker. You will need a glass of cereal, two glasses of skimmed milk and a glass of water, a handful of dried apricots, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of vegetable oil.
Vegetable oil should be added simultaneously with all ingredients, salt can be excluded from the recipe. In this case, you should sweeten the future dish with a little sweetener.
Grits should be thoroughly rinsed under cold running water. Dried apricots cut into small cubes. Put all the ingredients in the crock-pot and set the porridge mode to one hour.Such food in diabetes will be an excellent full breakfast and will not take long to prepare.
The second recipe is porridge with tomatoes. Tomatoes should be removed before cooking. To do this, they boil over boiling water, and then a cross-shaped incision is made at the top of the vegetable. So the peel is easily removed.
These ingredients will be needed:
- 200 grams of corn grits,
- 450 ml of purified water
- two tomatoes,
- onions - 2 pcs.,
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon,
- a bunch of dill and parsley,
- salt, ground black pepper - to taste.
Wash the croup under running water. Water salt, bring to a boil, pour the grits, cook until ready, until it boils away the liquid, about 20-25 minutes. At this time, should be prepared tomato zazharku.
Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and add finely chopped onion, simmer over low heat for three minutes, stirring continuously. Cut the tomatoes into large cubes and add to the onion, simmer under the lid until the tomatoes begin to produce juice.
When the porridge is ready, add tomato zazharku, mix everything thoroughly, cover and let simmer for three minutes. Serve the dish, garnished with finely chopped greens.
Such a side dish for diabetic type 2 will be perfectly combined with both fish and meat dishes.
In the video in this article, Elena Malysheva will talk about the benefits of corn grits.